Trouble managing your narcolepsy symptoms? Enroll in our clinical trial to help develop a new potential treatment.
REST-ON (Randomized study Evaluating the efficacy and SafeTy of a Once Nightly formulation of sodium oxybate) is a clinical trial evaluating an investigational medication in an effort to broaden the range of treatment options available to people with narcolepsy, like you.
This phase 3 trial is evaluating the safety and effectiveness of an investigational, extended-release form of sodium oxybate. Sodium oxybate has been previously approved in a different form to treat the symptoms of narcolepsy, such as excessive daytime sleepiness, and sudden muscle weakness (cataplexy). Now, extended-release sodium oxybate is being developed and evaluated as a potential once-nightly treatment for narcolepsy.
This is a placebo-controlled clinical trial, which means some participants will receive the investigational extended-release sodium oxybate, and some will receive a placebo (an inactive formulation). Regardless of which option a participant receives, both are essential to the trial and to evaluating the impact of the study medication.
All patients enrolled in the trial will receive medical care from a specialty physician and study medication at no cost. Patients may also be eligible to receive travel assistance and compensation for their time.
- Enrolling in the REST-ON clinical trial will give you the unique opportunity to help yourself and other people with narcolepsy who are looking for additional treatment options.
- You'll have a firsthand opportunity to be a part of the drug-development process and make a significant contribution to a potential new treatment.
- You will be under the care of a specialty medical team and your trial-related expenses will be covered.
- Through careful monitoring and daily symptom tracking, you’ll also be empowered with knowledge about your condition and may learn more about how to manage your narcolepsy.
In order to prequalify for participation in the REST-ON trial, you must:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Have narcolepsy with cataplexy, a sudden, brief loss of voluntary muscle tone that can present as drooping eyelids, weakness in the knees, or total collapse
- Never have taken sodium oxybate or had very limited prior exposure
*Additional criteria will apply to determine eligibility for the trial.
Trial site locations
There are REST-ON clinical trial sites located throughout the United States, Canada and Australia. View the trial sites by location to determine which is closest to you. If you are selected to participate in the trial, travel support is available based on your location.DOWNLOAD TRIAL LOCATIONS
Cataplexy Reference Guide
Use this reference guide to learn more about cataplexy and talk to your doctor to better manage your symptoms.DOWNLOAD CATAPLEXY GUIDE
Talk to Your Doctor Sheet
Use this flyer to talk to your doctor about the REST-ON clinical trial and decide if participating could be a good option for you.TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR
Is a clinical trial right for you?
Wondering about the benefits of participating in a clinical trial? Hear first-hand from another person with narcolepsy and learn why he chose to participate in a clinical trial.
Do you know someone with narcolepsy who may be interested in the REST-ON clinical trial?
Ask them to visit restontrial.com to learn more.